Thursday 14 July 2011

PTGairsoft 14-7-11

G&P M4 Sentry by Carmont


Well first off let me say that is a sexy looking CQB rifle by G&P, the Vltor upper receiver really makes it stand out from the HUGE M4 variant crowd. Also where the delta ring is supposed to be, there is this Hex bolt set up which is a really nice feature, sure you can't remove the front end as fast as another M4 with a functioning delta ring but there is no need to as this AEG is rear wired and I got it supplied with a mini type connector. I am now running a 7.4v 1100MaH li-po battery in it and the ROF is insane!


It came with a 130 round metal mid cap magazine, I found that this magazine has a tendency to double stack quite alot, so I don't really use it. it also comes with a stubby fore-grip and 3 slimline rail covers.


To buy all the parts that make this RIF you could probably buy 2 of them ready made from Land Warrior Airsoft for the amazing price of £305 or you could throw in a little more cash for the magpul style lower receiver for the price of £330.


Since I got this RIF I've noticed that the upper and lower receiver don't meet to well. Also when I got it the gears were all messed up so I've replaced them. Inside the gearbox there is enough grease to sort out 4-5 guns, so I'd recommend giving it a wipe down and re-applying.




In clockwise order: Open V2 Gearbox, Attachments included with the AEG,
Vltor upper receiver, Vltor style flash hider, 7.0" Daniel Defense free float RIS with covers,
snapshot of the G&P M4 Sentry
Over all, this is a great AEG when you work out the little niggles. I would suggest using a Li-po with it to get the full potentional out of it.

I am considering working on this as a project, and purchase another AEG while this is being worked on, I will keep you updated on the progress of it. If this does go ahead, I will be doing a compotition based on naming the project and the winner will receive a prize valuing around the £50 area, so keep checking back with us to find out more and how to enter.

Carmont

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why not leave us a comment saying what you'd like to see on here and on our youtube channel.