Thursday 26 April 2012

Helikon Delta Jacket review. 26-04-2012

So this, once again has been long over-due.


I bring you the Helikon Delta Jacket review.


This was kindly sent to me by Military1st to do this review, so I would like to take this opportunity to thank them for this.


So lets begin, the jacket is part of Helikon's 'Urban tactical line' and let me tell you now, it is AWESOME! 
I wore this jacket to the Operation: Homeland game at Sennybridge and it served me well. It has the perfect amount of material to keep you warm, even when it's below zero degrees (along with your other clothing of course) and it still gives you an amazing range of movement.


It is made of a 'Shark skin fabric' that is laminated with a superfine fleece, which gives it a hydrophobic effect, letting water run off it to a certain extent. 


One thing that really pleased me and a few others, was the YKK zippers, which Helikon have added some nice little pull tabs that are easy to grab, even when wearing gloves. What makes these different from other pull tabs i have encountered, is the shape and the fact they are made of a solid plastic type material which have a stippling effect on them.


As you can see by the picture (Left) it has 3 external pockets, but it also has 3 internal pockets, which i found of great use to store things like my phone, a couple of allen keys and my GP-68 radio, although the radio was moved to an external pocket for easy access.


I loved the fact that it is so lightweight yet provided all the features I would look for in a fleece. Comfort, warmth and for me personally, coverage. I find that being tall can sometimes be an issue when buying jackets, shirts etc. but this is just right.


I am seriously considering buying this jacket, which can be bought from Military1st for £52.99 which I think is a very reasonable price for such a high quality jacket. CLICK HERE FOR THE PRODUCT LINK



1 comment:

Why not leave us a comment saying what you'd like to see on here and on our youtube channel.