Sunday 22 January 2012

Highs and lows of Shot Show. 22-01-2012

OK so during what I seen of Shot Show I saw some awesome products as well as some items that made me lose a little faith in man kind. I may touch on some of the really bad things in another post but for now I'm just gonna list some stuff I'm excited about.


  • The Magpul PDR, was seen at Shot Show last year as a non working prototype and again this year as a working prototype. This is going to be one of my definite purchases this year as I love myself a CQB weapon.
  • THE MOTHER FLIPPIN' KWA KRISS!!!!!! Now in case you've just been defrosted here's a bit of info. This is one that splits people due to it being featured in a certain FPS game, how ever it was in a episode of Future Weapons donkey's years ago. Again another definite purchase.
  • Now here's one Carmont is in love with and I sure can admire, deep breath party people, ASYMMETRIC WARRIOR® ASW338LM Precision Sniper Rifle System, I know very little about this apart from it looks cool and I probably won't buy one but I wouldn't blame anyone for doing so.
  • KWA Makarov, now I'm not that big on Russian weapons but i'd defiantly pick one up one day.
  • CZ Scorpion, some space age SMG that Carmont will be more than happy to fill people in on, would look mighty fine with a Five seveN. 
Curious to hear what everyone else is excited about in the heavily underused comments section.

Peace out

Decktron 



So here are my thoughts on the guns that Decktron has mentioned.




  • KWA Kriss Vector GBB, This could potentially replace most GBB's in a CQB environment due to it's popularity. I think it is a great looking gun, and have done ever since it was shown on Future Weapons. What concerns me about this gun, is being able to do a quick mag change, as it seems the mag release is situated quite far from the magazine it's self, do it could be quite tricky. so practice would be in order. All in all though, I will definitely be getting myself one of these with a bunch of mags to rain noisy gassy hell on the OpFor
  • MAGPUL PDR, Now when I first saw this, I nearly hurled everywhere, but now, the more and more I see it, the more I like it. The fact that is a small compact gun, that takes standard M16 magazines is brilliant, It means you don't have to go purchasing a load of new magazines if you already have an M4/M16 already (Like I do). Will definitely be keeping an eye on this.
  • As for the ASG ASW338LM sniper platform, I think this looks fantastic. To me it is like the good looking cousin of the M14 EBR series. I also really like the carbon fiber rail system, although i personally would have the whole gun in black.
  • And finally the CZ EVO Scorpion. This fantastic little rifle is also going to be a big contender in the CQB realm. nice compact platform with a nice amount of rail space for mounting all the little goodies we like to add. I did notice the real steel version comes with four different firing flavors. safe, semi, 2 round burst and full auto, I do hope they bring this to the airsoft version, I'm sure some of you will already know if it does have this feature, I just haven't been following this gun as much as some other gear.
So the boffins behind airsoft have treated us well with all these cool new products, lets hope they live upto the hype.

Please leave a comment about what your most excited about.

Carmont

2 comments:

  1. Was pleasantly surprised by the appearance of the KWA Makarov. Definitely relieved to see that the PKM wasn't vapour-ware. The ASW looks great and the VSR compatibility is great for airsoft snipers. Keep up the good work gents.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey DERDER, thanks for your comment. I am definitely pleased by the VSR compatibility of the ASW. But only time will tell weather it needs much modification doing internally, as externally i dont think there is anything i would do to it personally except for chuck a MAGPUL pistol grip on there.

      Carmont

      Delete

Why not leave us a comment saying what you'd like to see on here and on our youtube channel.